So I just jumped on real quick to post a sneak peak of the card I made for my mom for mother's day. She is at the beach this week so I am hoping she misses this post. Her favorite color is pink so that is the direction I went. Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Yay!! A little crafting time, some sunshine, new furniture for my living room, time with the family! It has been a really great Saturday. Typical Oregon style it has been one rainy year so far so I think we were all in dire need of some vitamin D. Everyone is in a great mood. Very nice! I am not sure if it will stick around for Easter tomorrow...but I am crossing my fingers. I also have a couple cards to share with you today.
The first one is an easter card (I just love the little chick!):
The second is a card I made for a good friend who is really going through a rough time. Her mom who is 94 suffered a stroke and she has been taking care of her night and day. She is a wonderful person and I can't imagine being in her position right now. This is also the card for my challenge over at the Papertrey Inkers blog:
The picture of this card doesn't really do it justice. I think this is one of my favorite. It was a lot of fun and I actually got the inspiration for my shower curtain of all things. Here is a picture of the curtain:
Hope all of you have a blessed Easter!
Off to watch The Wizard of Oz with my girls.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Since this blog is newer for me I thought it might be fun to list 5 things about me as a way to introduce myself.... I will be adding posts like this every once in a while.
Here it goes:
1. I am a mother of 2 beautiful girls. There names are Emma (11) and Kaitlyn (8) They are so much fun but a lot of work. They make me laugh all the time. They are really messy. They have each other and I am grateful for that. I don't know what I would do without MY sister. I hope they realize what they have and hang on to it with both hands.
2. I am married to my best friend Sean. We met each other when we worked nights at Wells Fargo years ago. He is very considerate. He also makes me laugh (A LOT) which is probably where my kids get it. He loves sports and poker. We have a lot in common, like we both enjoy weird movies and just relaxing at home. We both love to play video and board games. We are both very competitive. When meeting Sean you would never guess these things because he comes off as quiet and conservative. He isn't in to politics (neither am I). He is very clever and likes to play practical jokes. He is the best!!
3. I actually really enjoy my job. (for the most part) I work at a local credit union. It is very small and in a great neighborhood. I enjoy the members that come in and chat. They really make my day so much easier. I learn so much about people and they make me laugh. I feel like some are great friends. I know what is going on in some of there lives and they ask about mine. I am very social. Coming from a job previously where every one is always screaming and yelling at you it is a relief. There are a few things I would change about the job going on behind the scenes but for the most part I really like it.
4. I LOVE food but hate to cook. This is a good and bad thing. I really enjoy all different kinds of food and my husband is a wonderful cook. He doesn't realize the talent he has. I always tell him we should open a restaurant. The bad thing is it makes me fat! I have no self control when it comes to good food. Especially pizza and sweets (my favorites). I really hate cooking though so if Sean isn't around I am pretty lazy about feeding myself.
5. I call my mom everyday. I really do. If I don't call my mom everyday she wonders if something is wrong. Like I said in an earlier post she really is the best. I look foreword to calling her and she always is very encouraging and helpful. She would do anything for us and my kids adore her. She is creative and we like a lot of the same girly movies. She is a strong woman and has set a wonderful example for me and my sister. I couldn't have asked for a better mom and hope she realizes how much I appreciate all she does for me. Not everyone has the same relationship with their mom and I am fortunate to have the one I have with my mom.
This post is really long... Sorry about that.
Have a great day!!
Friday, April 15, 2011
I haven't had much time to care for my poor little blog lately so today I am going to share some cards I made a while ago but haven't shared here before. In hopes this will make me feel better about not posting. Hopefully I will get some time to do a few crafty things this weekend. Here we go: