So I haven't really blogged very much about one of the first goals I had for the year, which was to loose weight. I had 40 pounds to loose. Wow it really hurts to even say that large of a number. I know some of you that know me are thinking there is no way she had 40 pounds to loose!! I sure did..I am very short only 5 feet tall. My healthy weight range according to weight watchers for my height and age is somewhere between 102-120 pounds. My goal is to get to 110. I feel like that is attainable. I CAN do it!!
So far I have lost 18 pounds and counting and I thought I should take that 18 pounds and tell you 18 positive things that have happened since the start of this journey:
1. I don't have to make excuses for why I look the way I do. I'm making a change because I realize it's not healthy.
2. I am now a role model to some of my friends and family who have decided to make healthy changes for themselves as well.
3. I feel sincerely proud of myself for committing to something and sticking to it. And not just that really... but succeeding at it!
4. I've lowered my risk for diabetes and other diseases increased by weight. I've always worried that my weight would contribute to this since it runs in my family.
5. I feel successful and it makes me walk taller.
6. My clothes fit better and I spend less time worrying about where they are clinging.
7. I shop in the fresh foods department. I always wanted to be a healthy eater... I just never was.
8. I can see my waist becoming more defined and it makes me feel like a foxy momma. I love my figure when I'm thinner. Though right now I'm not really an hour glass, more like a 5 hour glass... but soon enough!
9. I think people are staring to notice.
10. I don't feel embarrassed going through the checkout with my groceries. My cart is full of healthy and fresh food. Not snacks, chips, icecream, and candy. I feel less judged... even if it's just less judged by myself.
11. I love myself enough to do this for myself, to dress up, to fix my hair, do my makeup and to attract a little attention. It's only going to get better from here, and I want people to notice me... even if it's so later I can shock them with my future weight loss.
12. My energy is up. This has always been a problem for me but no more.
13. My relationships have improved. I am not as grouchy (hopefully).
14. I realized how BIG our portion sizes have become and it was soooo crystal clear why I am FAT!!
15. I am happier, which is what really matters right???
16. I have turned down A LOT of easter candy and treats recently which is a sign I have moved in the right direction.
17. I'm learning the difference between eating because I'm hungry and eating because of some emotional malfunction. I don't feel so all over the map lately. Food should not be tied to so much emotion.
18. Being lighter just feels good.
Thaks for listening. Have a great day!!